Header

Road biking, dirt road riding on Frankenbike, tandem riding, group riding, time trialing, randonneuring - I love to ride, and I love to write. As I've traveled along on two wheels, I've learned one thing: Expect Adventure. Join me on the journey!

Betty Jean Jordan

Monday, November 30, 2020

Coffeeneuring Wrap-Up

Coffeeneuring 2020 officially ended a week ago on November 23.  I'm just now getting caught up on my last two coffeeneuring ride reports.

Coffeeneuring #6 - Cedar Creek Wildlife Management Area

This ride was Sunday two weeks ago.  I brewed some raspberry zinger herbal tea for this one.

I rode to Cedar Creek WMA check station, which is in the Oconee National Forest.  The Red Clay Ramble and Fried Clay 200K have been staged from here.  


There's an old house here (don't know its history), which made the perfect coffee shop without walls.

Good spot for a spot of tea

All my fellow coffeeneurs seemed to be enjoying a treat with their beverage, and so I followed suit.  Popcorn makes everything more fun.  I pop my own popcorn on the stovetop in rosemary infused olive oil and sprinkle kosher salt on top.


I sat on the steps and watched the changing light.  The sun broke through the overcast sky and was brilliant and mesmerizing as it played off the grey clouds.  I saw a magnificent pileated woodpecker and heard several in the woods - one of my favorite bird calls.



I headed home, reveling in the beauty right in my backyard.







Middle Georgia is not near the top of most people's lists of beautiful places, but it touches my soul.


Coffeeneuring #7 - Dam! That's the End

I didn't want to wait until the very last day to get my last coffeeneuring ride in, and so I did it on the Friday before.  I wanted to ride farther, but I had to squeeze in what I could get.

I brewed some passion tea, probably my favorite herbal tea.

This was the only coffeeneuring ride where I didn't start from my house.  I drove to Round Oak to ride some of the beautiful dirt roads in that area.  This time my coffee shop without walls was the Hungerford Lake dam.




I pedaled the rest of the route back to my car.



I was kind of sad that this was the last ride of coffeeneuring 2020, but I'll be back next year.


Kudos to anyone who gets the Gen X reference.


No comments:

Post a Comment