Header

Road biking, dirt road riding on Frankenbike, tandem riding, group riding, time trialing, randonneuring - I love to ride, and I love to write. As I've traveled along on two wheels, I've learned one thing: Expect Adventure. Join me on the journey!

Betty Jean Jordan

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Thomaston Franklin 200K Permanent

Last Saturday I rode the Thomaston Franklin 200K permanent.  A couple of my good rando buddies, Dick and Ian, rode with me on a windy but bright, sunny day.  A few highlights from our ride:

One of the controls was in Greenville, GA.  Now I've seen a lot of convenience store snacks:the usual candy bars, fruit, those unidentifiable log shaped things rotating on rollers under a heat lamp, etc.  But this has got to be the most interesting:


I was particularly curious to know what fetty wap flavor tastes like.  Alas, I wasn't hungry at the time, and I didn't want them to get besquished in my jersey pocket.

Another control was in LaGrange:


They got a lot of nice girls.  A haw, haw, haw.

LaGrange is next to West Point Lake.  The leaves in our area are about at their peak.  It was an odd juxtaposition to see their splendid colors surrounding the lake, which was alarmingly low due to the ongoing exceptional drought.  Beauty and pain - life itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment