Header

Road biking, dirt road riding on Frankenbike, tandem riding, group riding, time trialing, randonneuring - I love to ride, and I love to write. As I've traveled along on two wheels, I've learned one thing: Expect Adventure. Join me on the journey!

Betty Jean Jordan

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Cycling is Life

I do a lot of night riding, particularly this time of year.  I can see about 15 feet in front of me with my front light.  After today's much needed rain, it was rather foggy this evening.  This gave me an even more cloistered feeling as I rode along the quiet, rural roads near my house.



It's a unique, though not unpleasant, sensation to not be able to see very far down the road in front of me.  Whether it's pavement, dirt, or uphill, I simply have to ride what's there, accepting whatever my journey holds at the moment.  Cycling is life.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Betty Jean, that's not much light! Take a look at the lights and the photos of their beams at the company that imports good lamps. http://peterwhitecycles.com/headlights.php

    You don't need to have a hub generator; there are some good battery-powered lights too.

    Thanks for sharing your adventures. It's fun reading.
    Joe T. "Let the Good Times ROLL!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's probably my minimal photographic skills - ha ha! It's actually a pretty good battery powered light. I just use it for these relatively short evening rides after work. I have a super duper dynamo hub light that I use for long brevets. It's from a German company. I understand that Germany has pretty stringent nighttime lighting requirements for the general cycling population. Hope to see you on the road soon!

    ReplyDelete