Header

Road biking, dirt road riding on Frankenbike, tandem riding, group riding, time trialing, randonneuring - I love to ride, and I love to write. As I've traveled along on two wheels, I've learned one thing: Expect Adventure. Join me on the journey!

Betty Jean Jordan

Sunday, May 31, 2020

Jonesin'

I've been jonesin' to complete my sixth and last 100K for the Virtual Brevet Series.  Yesterday I met my goal.  My ride was a loop southward to Jones County.  I was going to get a picture of the county line sign, but someone stole it!

I started with a visit to the Monticello farmers market on the square, which opened last weekend, a little late this year due to COVID-19.  Between being outside, masks, and keeping at least 6' distance, it seemed adequately safe.  I was jonesin' for a fried pie from my friend Laverne.

L-R: sweet potato, peach, and apple fried pies
I got a peach one (my favorite!) and a sweet potato one.  Sweet potato is also excellent, and she doesn't make those as often.  I dropped off the fried pies at my office, which is just off the square, to pick up later.  While I was there, I hugged Ashes the World's Best Office Cat.  She hugged me back.


After completing the loop portion of my lollipop route, I headed back north.  Jonesin' for some water, I stopped by the outdoor spigot at the Georgia Forestry Commission building on Highway 11.  I also snapped a photo with Smokey Bear.


I could have headed straight home and had 100K, but I rode a little farther back into town because I was jonesin' for a Wonder Woman Cookie Collision Blizzard (with chocolate chip cookie dough, chocolate cookie dough, and fudge).  I rode my bicycle through the drive-through because the dining room still isn't open.


I pulled over under a shady tree to enjoy my treat.

Already a little melt-y after just a few minutes!  Still delish.
While I ate my Blizzard, I listened to the theme song from the Wonder woman TV show.  There were some great TV theme songs back in the day.

Wonder Woman TV Show Theme Song

Coincidentally, a few days after I planned my ride, complete with Wonder Woman Blizzard, I saw a great post in A Mighty Girl, a page I follow on Facebook.  It showed this picture of stunt double Jeannie Epper with actress Lynda Carter from the Wonder Woman TV show.


Jeannie Epper was a trailblazer.  At the time (late '70s), it was still common for me to be stunt doubles for women.

In case you're wondering, I do my own stunts.

No comments:

Post a Comment