Header

Road biking, dirt road riding on Frankenbike, tandem riding, group riding, time trialing, randonneuring - I love to ride, and I love to write. As I've traveled along on two wheels, I've learned one thing: Expect Adventure. Join me on the journey!

Betty Jean Jordan

Thursday, April 26, 2018

Hog, Wild(!) Ride and Greyhound Crit

What a beautiful post-rain shower ride!  The sky turned blue, forming a pastel backdrop to the waxing, gibbous moon.  All the vegetation was lush, spring-green after so much recent rain.  The privet - non-native, invasive species though it is - smelled wonderfully fresh.  A bluebird flew by, brilliant in the early evening sunlight.  I thought that was going to be the highlight of my ride until about 30 seconds later, when a wild hog ran in front of me! It ran away before I got a picture.

Here's a picture of Allie instead:


She greeted me when I got home. She loves running beside me while I do laps around our circular driveway. I call it the greyhound crit.

No comments:

Post a Comment