Header

Road biking, dirt road riding on Frankenbike, tandem riding, group riding, time trialing, randonneuring - I love to ride, and I love to write. As I've traveled along on two wheels, I've learned one thing: Expect Adventure. Join me on the journey!

Betty Jean Jordan

Sunday, October 9, 2016

It's a Circus Out Here

September and October are my mellower time of year for cycling.  The days have gotten too short for Tuesday Worlds, and Peach Peloton won't start until mid-November.  It's a good physical and mental break.  I still ride, but I don't do the Strava monthly distance challenges, and I don't focus on intensity.  I simply ride when and where I want to.  Yesterday I did a longer dirt road ride, a weekend treat I like to indulge in this time of year.  I wanted to ride for at least a couple of hours, and I had a general route in mind.  However, it didn't take me quite as long as I expected, and so I kept adding a dirt road here and there.  I felt like Billy from The Family Circus.


No comments:

Post a Comment