Header

Road biking, dirt road riding on Frankenbike, tandem riding, group riding, time trialing, randonneuring - I love to ride, and I love to write. As I've traveled along on two wheels, I've learned one thing: Expect Adventure. Join me on the journey!

Betty Jean Jordan

Saturday, April 16, 2016

BRAG Spring Tune Up

Every year I look forward to the BRAG Spring Tune Up (STU).

Olive cycling

My favorite part of the BRAG STU is the unofficial rest stop just outside of Rutledge.  For years, the owners of the Oreo Farm have graciously provided space at the end of their driveway for beer, Bloody Marys, and Oreo cookies.  Today I got a Bloody Mary to go with my olives:


I also got an extra special treat: an up-close visit with some of the cows:

Belted Galloway
Scottish Highland
Simply bovine

I did the century option.  After the Oreo Farm rest stop, there were only 20 miles left.  I pretended that the vodka in my Bloody Mary made me an alcohol burner like in 8th grade IPS (Introductory Physical Science).  Rocket fuel!

No comments:

Post a Comment