Header

Road biking, dirt road riding on Frankenbike, tandem riding, group riding, time trialing, randonneuring - I love to ride, and I love to write. As I've traveled along on two wheels, I've learned one thing: Expect Adventure. Join me on the journey!

Betty Jean Jordan

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Warped

About once a week I run.  Although running is barbaric, it's good cross-training, it lets me fit in a decent workout when my schedule is busy, and it keeps me from killing myself during the two 5Ks I like to support each year (the Athletes Helping Athletes 5K to benefit Southeastern Greyhound Adoption and the Deer Dash 5K here in my town).

Being primarily a roadie, I always feel rather slow when I ride dirt roads.  Running seems even slower.  I feel like I ought to be zipping down the road like I do on my bicycle.  I ran at lunch today.  Despite feeling fine physically, it was like I was running through molasses.  Maybe it was just a warp in the space-time continuum.


No comments:

Post a Comment