Header

Road biking, dirt road riding on Frankenbike, tandem riding, group riding, time trialing, randonneuring - I love to ride, and I love to write. As I've traveled along on two wheels, I've learned one thing: Expect Adventure. Join me on the journey!

Betty Jean Jordan

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Flowered-y Bikes

A friend of mine on Facebook particularly loves flowers.  Occasionally, she posts on my timeline a lovely picture of a bicycle surrounded by beautiful flowers.  The bicycle is always some kind of easy pedaler, maybe with a basket on the front – definitely not a racing bike, but who cares?  It’s so charming the way my friend shares these photos with me.  Here’s a recent one:


This past Sunday afternoon I did a little gravel grinding on my cyclocross bike.  When I got back home, I momentarily parked my bike next to some daffodils that are just beginning to bloom.  The scene was a lot more rustic than the pictures that my friend sends me, but I still smiled because it made me think of her:

No comments:

Post a Comment