Header

Road biking, dirt road riding on Frankenbike, tandem riding, group riding, time trialing, randonneuring - I love to ride, and I love to write. As I've traveled along on two wheels, I've learned one thing: Expect Adventure. Join me on the journey!

Betty Jean Jordan

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Bridging the Gap

I first started writing about riding as part of a personal project I had in 2013 called A Year of Centuries.  For this project I rode one century (100-mile ride) each month on behalf of 12 different charities.  It was a way for me to express my gratitude for the recovery I had following a serious crash in a bicycle race the previous year.  During A Year of Centuries, I rode my bicycle in all kinds of beautiful places around Georgia, and I met so many terrific people through the charities that I focused on.  I thoroughly enjoyed documenting everything through blogging.  When it was over, however, that was it.  A Year of Centuries was one of the best experiences of my life, but I purposely set it up to have a definite beginning and ending.

I've missed writing about riding!  Although I've written a few things about my cycling adventures in recent months, it hasn't been anything regular.  That's what spurred me to start this new blog.  For completeness (and in case I want to reminisce in the nursing home), my blogs over the next few days will be the miscellaneous ramblings that I have written thus far in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment