Header

Road biking, dirt road riding on Frankenbike, tandem riding, group riding, time trialing, randonneuring - I love to ride, and I love to write. As I've traveled along on two wheels, I've learned one thing: Expect Adventure. Join me on the journey!

Betty Jean Jordan

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Beauty (and Pollen) Is in the Eye of the Beholder

No one is likely to call me a girly girl.  Obviously, I don't mind getting sweaty and/or dirty.  Further evidence:
  • I don't like manicures or pedicures.
  • The only thing pink I'll wear is this T-shirt:


  • Don't give me jewelry; give me bike parts.

I do have one very female quirk, however.  I always wear makeup on my bicycle rides, even for a brevet that starts at 6:00 AM.  It's quite illogical, especially since it's mostly hidden behind my sunglasses.  But the beautification must go on.

This time of year the pine pollen wreaks havoc on my makeup.  The pollen granules get trapped painfully behind my contacts, irritating my eyes and making them water.  I do a pretty good, involuntary impersonation of Tammy Faye Bakker.


No comments:

Post a Comment