Header

Road biking, dirt road riding on Frankenbike, tandem riding, group riding, time trialing, randonneuring - I love to ride, and I love to write. As I've traveled along on two wheels, I've learned one thing: Expect Adventure. Join me on the journey!

Betty Jean Jordan

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

A Little Help from My Friends

Every month or so, I get together for dinner with a group of friends.  We met a couple of nights ago, and they completely surprised me.  They helped me celebrate the upcoming Paris-Brest-Paris (PBP) in August.  Kathleen even got her pastry chef sister Margaret to make a Paris-Brest, a special wheel-shaped French pastry created in 1910 to commemorate PBP.  It was incredibly elegant and delicious!

I don't know when anyone has done something so nice for me.  Thank you all!  When PBP gets rough, I'll think of you and let your friendship and love help me keep going.  Ride on!


Kathleen brought some French linens for decoration.

Closeup of the Paris-Brest

Beret - oui!

Wonderful friends!
L-R: Adam, me, Kathleen, Robert, Kim, Lori, Katherine, Susan, and Benny

No comments:

Post a Comment