Header

Road biking, dirt road riding on Frankenbike, tandem riding, group riding, time trialing, randonneuring - I love to ride, and I love to write. As I've traveled along on two wheels, I've learned one thing: Expect Adventure. Join me on the journey!

Betty Jean Jordan

Monday, July 9, 2018

Peaches & Lakes 200K Permanent 2018

The Peaches & Lakes 200K route is one of my favorites.  I've ridden it several times, but this past Saturday was extra fun.  For this report I'll simply list some of the things that made this ride the perfect way to spend a summer day:

  • Robert - husband and soigneur
  • Clean bicycle (see previous item)
  • Friends, specifically Daniel and Jim H.
  • Box turtle that I stopped to move across the road
  • Sunflowers
  • Warm summer day - not too hot or humid
  • Bright blue sky
  • Towering cumulus clouds
  • Lush green vegetation
  • Waving to other cyclists
  • High Falls State Park
  • High Falls Lake
  • Sticker


  • Mini Moon Pie in Juliette

  • Beautiful roads with little traffic
  • Hitchiti Experimental Forest
  • Rabbit
  • Month-old twin fawns
  • Swooping around a roundabout
  • Crape myrtles
  • Friendly locals at the Lizella convenience store
  • Peach ice cream - in a cone!  (Life's too short not to get a cone.)
  • Dulcimer players

  • Having paced myself well for the hilliest part of the course, the last 10-12 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment