Header

Road biking, dirt road riding on Frankenbike, tandem riding, group riding, time trialing, randonneuring - I love to ride, and I love to write. As I've traveled along on two wheels, I've learned one thing: Expect Adventure. Join me on the journey!

Betty Jean Jordan

Monday, July 2, 2018

BBQ Bass Bicycle Ride 2018

This year was approximately the 22nd annual BBQ Bass Bicycle Ride.  Robert and I aren’t 100% sure, but we’ve had some incarnation of it (we think) every year since we came back to Monticello in 1996.  It’s morphed a lot since the early days, when 5 or 6 of us rode maybe 25 miles and stopped at Mouldin Tillman’s in Hillsboro for BBQ.

This past Saturday we had 33 people and rode 67 miles.  A friend picked up Fresh Air BBQ, which we enjoyed after the ride in the Jordan Engineering parking lot/grassy area.  Each year I’m delighted at the cross section of cycling friends who join us - teammates, and other people from Macon, Milledgeville, Atlanta, and even Savannah this year!  Thank you so much for being with Robert and me; we treasure your friendship.  Photo credits to Brian Pace.  Ride on!


























No comments:

Post a Comment