Header

Road biking, dirt road riding on Frankenbike, tandem riding, group riding, time trialing, randonneuring - I love to ride, and I love to write. As I've traveled along on two wheels, I've learned one thing: Expect Adventure. Join me on the journey!

Betty Jean Jordan

Tuesday, September 11, 2018

From Pedaling to Paddling

It's already been a busy, busy September, and so I'm just now getting caught up on some blogging.  Robert, beagle Shelly, and I went kayaking on Labor Day.  True, this wasn't cycling, but it definitely was an adventure!  And it's hard to beat an adventure that takes only about two hours, including travel time to and from the Ocmulgee River.  (BTW, Robert and I had a good ride that morning.)

I thought of a million things I could have done around the house on a rare day off, but then I also don't get to go kayaking very often.  I figured that looking back, I'd be much gladder that I went kayaking than if I had done some housework.  Good call.

There's just something about being out on the water in my kayak.  It's so peaceful and relaxing.  There's no pressure to do or to compete; I just have to be.

These are a few of my favorite things.
Symmetry

Switching it up
O Captain!  My Captain!

No comments:

Post a Comment